Thursday, October 30, 2008

Addiction

The first step in overcoming an addiction (so I've been told), is admitting you have a problem.O.K. O.K. I admit it. I have a problem. I'm addicted. Obsessed. Whatever you want to call it. For the last 6 3/4 years I've used my kids as an excuse to mask my addiction. But, I can't live in denial any longer. It's time for me to confess and tell the world so I can finally be free.

My name is Jennifer. I am 33 years old, and I am a Halloween junkie. I can't get enough. I love dressing up. I love making spooky food. I love dressing my kids up. I love feeding them my spooky food.

















What's that? What's that you say? Did you just mention Halloween parties, Harvest Festivals, Trunk or Treat, Trick or Treat, Pumpkin Patches, Costume parades...the list could go on and on. I do not tire of these things. In fact, this week alone we participated in:

3- Halloween Parties





























1- Harvest Festival














2- Costume Parades



1- Trunk or Treat













2- Trick or Treating excursions









I blame this woman. (My mom.) Notice the Halloween sweater. This picture was taken at Kaylee's Halloween Parade. My mom insisted on coming and bringing treats for Kaylee's class. (Thanks Mom. The kids loved them.)







I've always heard you are a product of your environment growing up, and let's just say that I am definitely my mother's daughter (seems like an obvious statement right?). Well, Mom...you've created an addict. And, this is one addiction I do not WANT to overcome (even though I must say it is an exhausting habit).

Thanks for passing your love (a.k.a. "addiction") of all things Halloween on to me. I have fond memories of rolling, cutting out and frosting the best sugar cookies ever at your side. I loved going to Carpinito Brothers to pick out corn stalks, fall-colored mums and kale at the beginning of each Fall season. And, best of all...is the fun of decorating with witches, ghosts and pumpkins, making deliciously spooky food, and dressing up in costumes.

The other fabulous thing...my mother-in-law LOVES Halloween too. There is just no getting away from this addiction. I'm here to peer pressure you all to join in the fun.

I've already started thinking about my Halloween costume for next year. How about you?

4 comments:

PJ and Lorena said...

You guys really do know how to party! I love EVERY single picture and everyone looks amazing in their costumes. Great post Carver Crew! :)

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

I AM SUCH AN ADDICT TOO! Not to just Halloween...TO ALL THINGS HOLIDAY! I couldn't relate with you more! I LOVE that I was raised this way & don't ever want to change it, its too fun!!!!

Amanda & Jason said...

Yes, I too love Halloween. Now the problem is your brother. He is so not into anything. I don't think that he has ever dressed up since we have been together, and that's been 10 years. Maybe next year! LOL! I always say that!! But I still Love him!! The kids and I will just really get into it next year. I too am think about what to dress as!!! The kids look picture perfect as always. You have a perfect Family!!! Love you guys!

a wynn wynn situation said...

I LOVE your blog!! How fun to see all the pictures of you BEAUTIFUL family! And I am totally with you on halloween- I'm an addict for sure :) I went shopping right after halloween and got lots of costumes for next year...