Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy Birthday!!

Happy Birthday Jen!!!!

What type of husband would I be if didn’t take a moment of my time and tell my wife just how great a person she is. As most of you know, Jen is one of the most talented people I have had the privilege of knowing. She is also one of the most caring people that I have met as well. Of course, for those of you who know my wife this is no surprising revelation. However, here are a few things that might be…(you didn’t think this was going to be all mushy did you?)

For as talented as my wife is, there are a few areas in which she may be a little less than perfect. For example, if you have ever had the chance to play Cranium with my wife you will quickly realize that no matter how hard she tries she can’t hum. She gives it her all, but all that comes out is a series of muffled noises that sound something like an animal being strangled (Ammon can back me up on this).

Jen is also very athletic, she can throw a football 30+ yards on target with a tight spiral, she plays volleyball like a champ, much and more. However, for all of the athletic ability she possesses, the coordination needed to dance well, let’s just say that it just isn’t there. Just think of Phoebe on Friends and you’ll get the idea.



And finally she likes to smell stinky feet…not mine of course, but Landon and Kaylee have been getting the “sniffer” or “stinky piggy” inspection for awhile now. I don’t know if there is much more I dare say on that fact or any other for that matter, it is after all her birthday.


I feel so blessed to be married to such a wonderful person. Jen cares more for people than I ever thought was humanly possible. There is not a day that goes by that she is in someway looking to help and serve her family and friends, and for that I am eternally grateful. I am constantly being told how great my children are and I know that the reason that they are who they are is because of their mother. Her influence is felt by many and we are all much better for it.

Happy birthday “Bonzo” and even though you can’t hum or dance and I am still a little concerned about the whole stinky feet thing, I couldn’t imagine anyone else that I would rather spend the rest of eternity with...wait…ahh...nope nobody!

9 comments:

Rebecca Pierce said...

Awwwwwwww.

Jodi Elwell said...

sooo cute! What a guy!

Nate and Lynlee said...

So nice of you Josh to write a birthday post! Jen I hope Nate told you happy birthday yesterday from me too. I told him to make sure to tell you but you know how that goes! Hope you had a great day!

Mari Elizabeth Couture said...

This is so cute Josh, way to be a good husband!! Happy Birthday Jen! We all love you!

lauren said...

Yeah for Jen! Happy Birthday! (and Josh just so you know... you only THINK you can dance!)

Shells said...

Happy Birthday Jen.

Josh - you unwittingly brought up a whole lot of BYU dance moments in my head with this post. I only wish I had a video of Kari rocking out and Jen and I pitifully trying to keep up!

Amanda & Jason said...

Sorry we didn't call yesterday. I told Jason too and you know how that goes. We hope you had a great day. Josh, your a great husband for writing a b-day post about Jen.

Jessica said...

Yes, Josh, I don't know how lucked out and convinced Jen to marry you! Just joking. This was so sweet of you. So funny. You two are a perfect pair!

on the rivet with J~D Liddell said...

Hi Jen. This is Diane~ linked on from Monica's site. You have such a darling family! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Haven't updated my blog for over a year, but you've inspired me to do it! LOVE your craft room. Will you design mine next? :)