Friday, October 17, 2008

Pick of the Patch


O.K. This post is VERY late in coming. Our family actually went to the pumpkin patch the last weekend in September. Yes, I know what you are all thinking...Halloween Freak. I admit it. I am a little OCD when it comes to Halloween and decorating. The first week or two in September I start eyeing all of the new decor that begins lining the seasonal aisles at stores. I move the Halloween decor, that is stored in the garage, down a few shelves for more convenient access. I start dreaming of the placement of all of the witches and pumpkins and wooden signs.

What? You think I'm exaggerating? Just ask Josh. By mid-September I start getting all twitchy. I ache to pull out the decorations. In all of our married years I have always been the first person in the neighborhood to decorate for Halloween...until this year. I refrained. When I walked into the garage and saw those "Halloween Decorations" tubs staring me in the face, I looked the other way. When my neighbors decorated their front porch first, I said, "Oh those crazies. It's not even October yet." But, by the morning of September 27th...I had the withdrawal shakes so bad, and the weather was so absolutely beautiful (perfect pumpkin picking weather)that I forced my family to go to Spooner Farms Pumpkin Patch on opening day. It guaranteed us the pick of the patch. Personally, I think my lil' pumpkins are the cutest.





















0 comments: