Sunday, October 19, 2008

SWOOPERS

So, the other day, Kaylee came to me and said, "Mom, do you have any more SWOOPERS like Jake has?"

"Swoopers?" I said.

"Uh huh, Swoopers. You know those tiny candies that Dad gave to Jake in his lunch?"

"Oh, you mean WHOPPERS!" (Tapped myself on the back a few times for figuring out what candy she was referring to as Josh had packed Jacob's school lunch that day.)

"No, Swoopers. They are called Swoopers," Kaylee insisted.

Wasn't worth arguing with a 3-yr. old so I replied, "No, I don't have any Swoopers."

"Do you have any "Whoppers then?" (Little stinker....)

And...unfortunately, I didn't. But, after telling Josh the humorous story of the "Swoopers"...he left her the cutest little note and a small package of Swoopers on the counter. When we arrived home and saw them she proudly said, "See Mom. Swoopers."

4 comments:

Rebecca Pierce said...

That's so funny. I love how their minds work. Ummmm...on second thought, I'll take whatever you will give me.

Kristin Bjorn said...

So cute...I love kid lingo!

Anonymous said...

very cute!

lauren said...

OH! I love it! AND i think your pics from the pumpkin patch are amazing!