Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fall is In the Air


I LOVE all four seasons, and though I prefer the warmth of summer, there are so many things I absolutely ADORE about Fall. Here are some of them...


  • back-to-school time (love getting back on a routine, love to learn, love new school supplies, love having a reason to make a yummy "after-school treat")


  • college football (Need I say more??? Especially fun, since BYU is in the top 10!!)


  • slight chill in the air (love another reason to hold hands, snuggle, turn on the fireplace, drink good hot chocolate & pull out jeans, sweaters & stylish boots)


  • changing of the leaves into brilliant shades of red, orange & yellow (love making piles and watching my kids jump in them)

  • Christmas countdown begins!! (I've already seen Christmas decor in the stores. How about you?)


  • Halloween! (Those who know me well, know I love cooking up spooky treats, decorating for Halloween in mid-September, going to the pumpkin patch, carving pumpkins, attending costume parties, haunted houses and getting scared.)


  • Fall T.V. programming. (C'mon...it's the best t.v. of the year!)


  • Earlier sunset (means an easier time of convincing my kids it really is time for bed, lol)


    • What are some of your favorite things about Fall?

      (Post your favs in the comment section.)

      2 comments:

      Katie said...

      I also love all of those things and I'll add pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! I guess you can eat them any time of year, but I always think of them in the fall.

      lauren said...

      I second the pumpkin treat idea! Pumpkin bread, cookies, pancakes, pie...I will take them all, especially at this time of year! I also really love to be outside during fall- not too hot, perfect with a sweater or jacket and it always feels so fresh and beautiful!