Monday, July 14, 2008

"I've Fallen & I Can't Get Up"

The title pretty much sums it up. Kaylee yelled, "Mom, help! It's an emergency." Most moms would have probably immediately stopped what they were doing and run to the scene of the scream. Not this mom. Kaylee uses "It's an emergency" for anything she deems urgent enough to warrant me leaving whatever project I'm engrossed in to come and see whatever project in which she's engrossed. (Note: I'm using the word "project" loosely here in her case. Project usually involves some sort of mess, just shy of being classified as a natural disaster.)

If you've ever read the Love and Logic books you'll know that the "helicopter" style of discipline is not considered effective, so I usually just allow my kids to work out their own problems. But something in her little voice piqued my curiosity enough that I decided to play along with her game of "cry wolf." I responded to her "it's an emergency" by saying, "Kaylee, what happened?" To which she replied, "Come quick! I've fallen and I can't get up." (See below.)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahahha....that's so funny!