Thursday, June 12, 2008

Oreo Truffle Recipe

Last December, I attended a baby shower for my sister-in-law, Jessica. I sampled a little bit of heaven that night in the form of an Oreo truffle. What surprised me the most was the fact that the recipe only called for 3 ingredients. Since that evening, I have made Oreo truffles dozens of times. They are delicious! And since this recipe didn't originate from me, I can say that and not even feel prideful. The second best thing about this recipe (besides the fact that only 3 ingredients are needed) is that it is fool proof. Yes, it is that easy! I have had so many requests for the "secret formula" that I decided to post the recipe on my blog for the world to see! Get your pens and paper! You won't regret it.


Photobucket

RECIPE CATEGORY: Dessert

INGREDIENTS:
1 (16 ounce) package OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided
1 (8 ounce) package PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
2 (8 ounce) packages BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted

DIRECTIONS:
1. Crush 9 of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor; reserve for later use. (Cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.)
2. Crush remaining 36 cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl.
3. Add cream cheese; mix until well blended. (Should appear smooth, like cookie dough.)
4. Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
5. Melt chocolate according to directions on package (microwave is easiest).
6. Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.)
7. Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
8. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.

HOW TO EASILY DIP TRUFFLES:
Place truffle ball in melted chocolate to coat; roll if necessary. Lift truffle from chocolate using 2 forks (this will allow excess chocolate to run off) before placing on wax paper.

YIELDS: 42 truffles

VARIATIONS:
Use mint or peanut butter Oreos
Drizzle melted white chocolate on each truffle

4 comments:

Groverfam said...

I can't wait to give this a try- they sound amazing. welcome to blogging- i am so glad we can keep in touch this way

Amy said...

ahhhh - you're starting to post :) i'll be checking back.

I love these truffles, i make them at Christmas.

KP said...

Amazing!
This a very good recipe, I tried this at home and my family loved it.

Thank you!

PS. : If you have time, feel free to look in my Truffle Recipe Box

The Litchfield's said...

These are my favorite. I make them all the time. Yummy!