Sunday, December 27, 2009

I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus


Jacob celebrates his 8th birthday on Tuesday of this week. As members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, turning 8 is a big deal. It's the age children are old enough to choose to be baptized. We are so proud of Jacob for making the choice to follow our Savior, Jesus Christ and enter the waters of baptism. It has been such a blessing this past year to help prepare him to make this important step.

I want Jacob to know that I have a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know it is true. I know that the greatest happiness we can attain in this life can only be found by following Him. The step Jacob is taking is the first of many important steps he will take in his lifetime to become more like the Savior. We love you Jacob!

1 comments:

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

Congrats Jake! What a big step, we all are very proud! We wish we could be there, but we will be thinking of you! LOVE YOU!