Saturday, January 3, 2009

Cookies For Santa



Kaylee and Jacob love making sugar cookies. (Hmm...I wonder where they get that from? Although, personally, I love eating them more.) Even though Christmas preparations seemed a little more frantic this year because of all of the snow, the kids didn't want to miss out on frosting a plate of cookies for dear old St. Nick. (Little Miss Kaylee was especially insistant on decorating several cookies herself for Santa. She probably thought she needed all of the brownie points she could muster up in the final hours before the sleigh headed in our direction since her behavior had been rather "questionable" the last few weeks. But, shhh...we aren't discussing that.)









Christmas Eve, we carefully set out the plate of cookies for Santa. I made a quiet plea to Santa to please remember to actually eat the cookies this year, instead of "forgetting" as in years past. Somehow, I knew the kids would be checking to see how Santa liked their masterpieces. Boy did Santa have fun with that assignment this year, lol.








5 comments:

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

hahahahaha. JOSH!!! I love this! His poses were hilarious! Your kids are going to love this...in 10 years! Hide them well! ;)

Karina Rigtrup said...

LOL!!! Oh man, this made me laugh so hard. My big kids came running to see what was so funny. Good thing they understand why he was eating "Santas" cookies.

Brian & Tiffany Family said...

Hey women! I just found your blog, how cute! I miss my friends up in Gem Heights. I have to come catch up with you sometime.
~Tiffany

lauren said...

UM.... My FAVORITE FAVORITE is that you can totally tell josh is cracking up in all the pics! FUN post! Love ya

Rebecca Pierce said...

Those cookies look soooooo good. What is it today (I realize that I'm catching up really late) with cookie talk. I got two emails about Girl Scout cookies and now this. Mmmmmmmm.